Below is a list of the top ten most common places that the people I’ve met during my language course have been from.
- Italy (I don’t know why but I’ve met so many people from Italy).
- The US/Canada (I guess that all of us native english speakers tend to group together so it’s fairly easy to get to know many people from these areas).
- England (Again meeting and getting to know people who speak your native tongue is much easier than others).
- Singapore and China (I’ve met roughly the same number of people from each place and they all speak really good english which has made it easy to get to know them).
- Norway/Sweden (This is where the list starts breaking down because I’ve met so many people from completely different places that I couldn’t begin to list them).
This is just a fun list to highlight how you’ll, as an exchange student in Heidelberg, meet and become friends with people from all across the globe (literally).